The National Institute of Virology invites applications for Ph.D. programme from candidates who are Bonafide Indian citizens and having consistently good academic record. Candidates should have strong motivation to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph.D. degree. The list of available projects for the current session will be provided to the candidates at the time of interview. Students with only post graduate degree and having valid fellowship from CSIR/DBT/ICMR/UGC/DST-Inspire/BINC are eligible to apply. All eligible students interested in joining NIV must submit applications available at http://www.niv.co.in / www.icmr.nic.in on or before 31st July, 2014.
- Students belonging to reserve category will be eligible for 5% relaxation for students of Maharashtra state only.
- The candidate should hold a valid Junior Research Fellowship from CSIR/UGC/ICMR/DBT-INSPIRE/BINC and Fellowship on the date of joining.
- Candidates who have qualified for GATE or only Lectureship in CSIR-UGC (NET) are not eligible to apply.
- NIV does not take any responsibility to provide financial assistance.
- Other terms and conditions of the fellowship will be as directed by the agency awarding the fellowship.
- The upper age limit for JRF shall be 28 years which is relaxed up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/Women/PH and 3 years in case of OBC candidates.
- Those who have already availed fellowship in other organizations and seeking transfer should clearly indicate so, on their application.
- Reservation will be as per prescribed guidelines. There will be no relaxation for unreserved positions as per Govt.of IndiaOrder No.36011/1/98.Estt.(Res.) dt.01/7/1998.
Candidates who satisfy the above criterion may submit their applications in the prescribed format to the Director, National Institute of Virology, 20-A, Dr Ambedkar Road, Pune - 411 001 before 31/7/2014. Please superscribe “Application for Ph.D. programme” on the left side of the envelope. Do not attach any certificates (Original or Photocopy) along with the application form. However, all the original documents must be produced at the time of interview, failing which they will not be interviewed. SC/ST/OBC candidates should attach attested true copy of Caste Certificate/Latest non-creamy layer certificate along with the application and originals should be produced at the time of interview.
- Personal interview will be held at NIV, Pune.
- The list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on NIV / ICMR website.
- Candidates should make their own arrangements for stay at Pune.
- No TA / DA will be provided for attending the personal interviews as the selected candidates will need to stay for two or three days more for finalization of guide.
- Mere fulfilling of the minimum requirements stipulated in the advertisement would not automatically entitle a candidate for selection.
- The decision of the Institute shall be final and binding in this regard. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in
any influence, political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification.
- Candidates should bring all the original and attested copies of following documents for attending the interview.
- Birth certificate/ proof of Date of birth
- If the candidates belongs to Reserved Category / Physical handicapped propercertificate issued by competent authorities
- Statement of marks of each year/semester of graduation and post graduation.
- Fellowship Certificate
- For OBC category, valid Non-creamy layer certificate
- For further details or enquiry please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Download the application format from http://www.niv.co.in / www.icmr.nic.in/ Websites